Solo Anal Masturbation: An Introductory Guide
In the last several years the popularity of anal masturbation and anal sex have been gaining popularity. We present to you our solo anal masturbation guide to introduce you to the pleasures backdoor action can provide. In addition to this guide might we also suggest checking out L'acier's comprehensive guide on Anal Stretching and Anal Training.
Anal sex references are everywhere, pop culture, water-cooler talk, no matter where you look or listen you are sure to come across anal sex references. So what's all the hype about? The benefits of anal masturbation are similar to any other sort of masturbation. Orgasming through anal pleasure is shown to decrease your stress levels, improve mood, and act as a sort of pain relief as well. Trying something new also can boost your confidence level through self-exploration and really understanding your comfort and pleasure levels.
Ways to Try Anal Masturbation
Did you know there are many ways to experiment with butt stuff? We have compiled a shortlist of some of the most popular methods of anal masturbation.
The Old Fashion Way, Try a finger
Folks have been practicing anal for thousands of years. In truth, all you really need to get started on your anal adventure is a water-based lube, and a finger or two... and maybe more if you have been doing a bit of anal training.
Using a finger is typically reserved for shallow penetration, like anything that you are putting inside your body it's extremely important to utilize proper hygiene. Be sure to keep your fingernails trimmed up, and always wash your hands beforehand. If you do not have a latex allergy, it can even be a good idea to wear a latex glove. Try it first in the shower to get comfortable!
Butt Plugs or Anal Plugs
Butt Plugs otherwise called Anal Plugs are probably one of the most popular forms of anal plugs. Butt plugs offer a sensation of fullness and can greatly enhance our masturbation experience. They come in a variety of materials and functions all with their own unique characteristics. Might we suggest using a stainless steel butt plug like the Reverb from L'acier. Often times buttplugs are used solely as a way to enhance another sexual experience, however, products like the Reverb offer features like vibration, which can lead to an orgasm entirely with anal stimulation and stimulation of other erogenous zones.
Like all the techniques we discuss in this guide hygiene is extremely important with all sex toys. Be sure to thoroughly clean your sex toys before and after use, we personally like to use Glisten, it's an antibacterial spray from Gleambody. Ensuring proper hygiene is king, that's why we also suggest using a non-porous material such as stainless steel or glass as your choice in the anal plug.
Anal Beads are essentially a strand of balls attached to each other, oftentimes gradually gaining size as the stand goes. The pleasure of anal beads is not only in the insertion of the beads, it's also the full sensation of having a stand inside you with the release of the slow pullout. Anal beads are typically reserved for partner play, however solo play is possible. We do not recommend anal beads for a novice solo anal masturbater, the angles can be tricky and are best left to more experienced hands or a bit of partner play.
Anal beads come in a variety of materials and functions. Whether choosing between silicone, glass, or steel it is extremely important to use lots of lube and start small. Insert the small end first and insert one ball at a time, see how full you can go, and stay within your comfort level. Anal Masturbation should not be painful, if so stop... some things wrong.
Most Dildos can be used for anal masturbation, however, not all dildos are created the same! Dildos can range in size from tiny to gigantic, there are endless variations on dildo options, but what makes a dildo great for butt stuff? A few key factors determine if a dildo is anal-specific. The first thing and most obvious is the shape, Take our beloved Prime Preconfigured Walter Series for instance. It has bulbous portions of the dildo that gain girth the deeper you go. Keep in mind that Walter packs some series thrusting action and should only be used with experienced users. Try the suction cup or long reach handle for easy solo play.
The material also plays an important part in the decision-making process,
- Silicone Dildos have a realistic tactile touch and often house additional features such as thrusting action and vibrating action. They are often associated with high-end sex toys.
- Stainless Steel Dildos have a nonporous material construction which makes them a breeze to sanitize. They are great tools to experiment with temperature play, due to the metal absorbing heat and cold very easily
- Glass Dildos also have a nonporous material, aiding in easy clean-up. They however are typically lacking additional functions such as trusting of vibrating.
How to Prep for Pleasure
Here are a few tips to prepare yourself beforehand.
- Use the Bathroom, try going to the restroom an hour or two before the experience. This not only will help you avoid a messy session but it will also let you assess your personal condition. If things seem loose or unhealthy when using the restroom, it's best to hold off.
- Rinse off, it is amazing what a simple shower can do to elevate your mood. Washing off the stressors of the day will ensure that you are in a more relaxed state which can help set the mood. A pre game enema or anal rinse is encouraged.
- No time for a shower? Use a baby wipe or two, every artist starts with a blank canvas.
- Pick a comfortable spot, where you have complete privacy.
- BRING LUBE
- Set up a cleanup area nearby, I like to place a towel under myself.
Lubrication is Very Important
If you are looking to have a pleasurable anal experience, we can not stress enough the importance of lube. The anus does not produce any natural lubrication, so it's all up to you! Trust me, dry silicone-to-skin is not a great experience. We love Gleam, it's our water-based lube and honestly our go-to for any sort of pleasure. Water-Based Lube is a clear choice when selecting the proper lube for the job. Water-based lubricant is safe to use with all sex toys and is anti-irritating to the skin!
Relaxation Leads to Better Orgasms
The best orgasms are achieved when you have relaxed muscles, try releasing a bit of tension beforehand with a warm bath or some breathing exercises. Often times I will even play relaxing instrumental music in the background to really set the mood. Another option, to aid in your relaxation is consuming Cannabis or CBD before your pleasure adventure starts.
Try Some of These Anal Positions
- Assume an all-fours position on your hands and knees.
- Reach one arm around behind you.
- Use fingers or toys to massage or penetrate your anus.
- Alternatively, fasten our suction cup dildo to the wall and back up onto it.
On your back
- Lie on your back.
- Bring your knees to your chest.
- Place a pillow under your lower back to raise your hips for easier access.
- Reach your arm down and around toward your anus.
- Stimulate and penetrate to your liking.
- Lie facedown on a bed.
- Reach your arm behind you and rest it on your back.
- Reach your hand down toward your anus.
- Tease and insert your finger or toys at your leisure.
- Attach a suction cup dildo to the seat of a chair.
- Face the chair and straddle it.
- Hold the back of the chair for stabilization.
- Lower your anus onto the dildo at your own pace.
- Ride the dildo.
Now that you have read the entire introduction guide to Solo Anal Masturbation, you are ready to start your own anal adventure! Still looking for more information about trying out Anal Masturbation? Check out these guides, Anal Masturbation For Men, and Anal Masturbation for Women.
Please read carefully, this is important for anal sex play. ONLY use toys that are designed for anal play or have a retrieval device! For example bullet vibes alone are bad despite the easy entry, they will get lost and you’ll find yourself praying it comes out before you have to go to the emergency room. Check sex toy product descriptions and instruction for anal play.